Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Merging of the Things [picture heavy]

So, as most of you might know, I moved into Trev's apartment about a week ago, and I'm sure you can also imagine I'm still unpacking and getting everything organized. I've got almost everything done, its just the little stuff I've been working on, like deciding what we need/don't need and figuring out what to store in my moms garage until we get a bigger place this summer. But, here is what we have done so far:

The living room: It's so relaxing to be in, there is obvi a lot of seating but we like it because Aiden and Trev both have a couch and my favorite spot in the world is in that chair [I live in it] At the front of the room is our 'entertainment center' which I like to call the "Command Center" Trev has arcade joysticks, a computer, an Xbox, surround sound and a Comcast box all set up to the HDTV, but it still needs a little organizing so... pics soon!

This bookshelf is in the living room, I'd like to say most of the books are my addition.. but alas, I only contributed to the bottom shelves and the DVD collection.


The bedroom: We moved my glorious sleigh bed of clouds in and got all new bedding for it for our birthdays. This bed is a true wonder to sleep in and any of you who have been in it [I.E. Victoria, Bekky, Emily, Buckway] know this. I could not be happier that we agreed to use my bed. And I love the brown, black and blue combo!

This is in the bedroom.. kinda self explanatory, I'm scared to hang more jewelry on it because the walls are soooo fragile I don't want the thing to fall off! Which is why we haven't hung any of our artwork throughout the house.

So, I keep some of the jewelry not hanging on the dresser. Things don't stay this organized, what can I say? I obvi organized it for pics.

The best and worse part of the bed.. Jaxie is a serious bed hog.. and he will only sleep on the left side of the bed, which is, of course my side... so I compromise my space for this little grump.. but I love him so much, who knew I'd ever be friends with a cat? [I still want a dog though]

The Bathroom: When I moved in here, the shower curtain was a neon map of the world, with neon green towels and rugs. I asked Trev if we could redecorate it and he said, "well since the bathroom is really a girl's domain, you can do whatever you want to it" Music to my ears! So my mom and I picked out this shower curtain [trying not to make it super girly] and we got some rugs later on to match. [The towels were in the wash when I took this pic] But everything looks super soft and its a really relaxing bathroom. [If you can't tell already... I like things relaxed, and Trev and I have that in common; thank jeez]


All in all, I am really happy with the decision we made to move in together. I am the happiest I've ever been and I am surprisingly really comfortable sharing space. I think this is going to be a really fun, healthy, amazing experience to share with Trev and I couldn't be more grateful for the luck I fell upon meeting him.... [now to sort out everything else in my life!] More pics of the dining room, Aiden's B.A. room and the Kitchen to come!!!

4 comments:

  1. The living room looks soooo good! And the bed looks great, I have heard good things about sleigh beds.. wink wink.
    I'm so happy for you Alex, you deserve happiness and all of the amazing things that are happening for you. Now on to finding a great job (which I know you will) and making good money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell yeah girl! And hanging out with my besties more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! It looks great with what you have done so far! I am so excited for you girl!!!
    -And yes is super comfy! Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys need to come over when its all the way done and we'll play some games and p-a-r-t-y!!

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird