Monday, December 28, 2009

at the bottom of the hill...

I love love love my apartment and I can already tell I'm going to obsess about decorating it.

I really want to get wall decals like this:



I want something like this in the living room. I have really high ceilings so I want to put something big on the wall because its right where you walk in. I definitely want something to do with crows, even if they are just flying.










I know for sure I want Japanese cherry blossoms in my bedroom. I just think they are so pretty and calming, especially if there is a trail of them falling like in this picture. I want to put them in the corner and have them long enough to stretch over a 3rd of my wall space. And they for sure have to be red because my blankets/sheets and furniture are all black and red and it will accent that nicely I think.











It's all hardwood flooring so I was thinking I should get a big rug for the living room. I was thinking something like this would be cute but I'm afraid of my whole apartment being black and red. So maybe I could go for something more like:








& I have black curtains and I'm aiming to get a black couch in January so it would look pretty similar to this picture if I got a rug like this one. I want to go for a patterned rug because the apartment feels so bland.








I am so happy to finally be alone. I love being as loud or as quiet as I want, I love walking around in the buff, I love to sit in front of the fireplace and read/eat alphabet soup. I love not sharing my things [I.E. dvds, food, dishes] Things are really comfortable at my house because its mine. I love the thought of that.

3 comments:

  1. girl, you have done so much this year!! you should be so proud of yourself!! this is b.a. and i am totes happy for you.
    your place is gonna be super cute once you get it decorated how you want it. oohh OOHHH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to come and see it! I think all of those ideas will be super cute! And I am definitely into the wall decals as well so maybe we can go shopping for some this weekend :) Let me know if you need any help moving or decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much girls! And as soon as I get a couch I'll have a little party at my house and everyone can come see it!

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird