Thursday, March 3, 2011

[3] Your first love:

My first love was where I think I learned the most about who I am. I was with this person for a little over 4 years. From when I was 16 until I was 20. We were growing up together and I think we had a lot to learn before we could be as serious as we really were. I had some of the best times of my life with him, he was my best friend in the whole world and I still think about him very often. If any of you knew me then, than you saw how impossible it was for us to be together but you probably also saw how much we wanted to hold onto it. I was the one who ended it, thinking that there was more fight than love between us and that was that. He moved to San Francisco a few months later.


We didn't talk for a few years. He had his thing going on and I had mine. But eventually, we caught up to each other, and started talking again, more often than not and then I went out to San Francisco and we met up. This was almost 3 years ago. We hung out for a week, not at all re-kindling an old relationship. We were developing a friendship and to this day, we still talk and see each other when we're in town [I've been back 3 times since] and I am happy its that way. I don't regret dating him, or breaking up with him. I don't look back on our love and wish it was still present. But I am grateful every day that he is my friend and that he and I will always be here for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird