Tuesday, March 1, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge

Ok guys, I've been peeping a lot of blogs lately and noticed that some of them are doing a '30 day blog challenge'. I want to participate in this to encourage my creativity and give my blog a little personalization, rather than just random stuff. I am going to be as honest as I can, and I'm not going to hold back on any truths in my answers [where the challenge comes in]
As it is March 1st, I thought today would be a wonderful day to start.

A 30 day blog challenge is a list of 30 questions, and I will be answering 1 question each day until 30 days is over [duh]
Some days, more often than not, I'll be blogging the 30 day challenge question but I'll also be blogging about regular random stuff I normally blog about.. so I'll tag my 30 day challenge with 'blog challenge'.

Question [1] : Introduction, picture of yourself, 15 interesting facts.

My full name is Alexandra Lynn Davis. I am 24 years old. I was born and still reside in Salt Lake City.

Here are 15 [hopefully] interesting facts about me:

[1] I have a 1 1/2 inch scar on my face that starts in my left eyebrow and angles toward the middle of my forehead. As much as I like to say that an evil wizard broke into my house, killed my parents and tried to kill me; that's not what happened. I fell down the stairs when I was 2. 17 stitches and 5 shots.
[2] My favorite color in the whole world is Orange and I can't explain why.
[3] I recently stopped biting my nails, which was suuuch a hard thing to stop, but now I love doing my nails [more than I did before] and I give myself a mani/pedi at least twice a week.
[4] I have a genuine shopping addiction. I don't care what I'm buying, if I have money I will spend it.. on anything. If I stay out of the mall.. I'll go to the grocery store and blow money there. I don't have a bank account because I overdo it with online shopping. I am HORRIBLE at saving money and I wish I wasn't.
[5] If you know me, you know I love shoes, and when I am at the mall, or online shopping, and I fall in love with a pair and learn that they are leather.. I cry. Not shed a tear cry, I cry cry.
[6] I am seriously afraid of sharks. I have nightmares about sharks, I get scared looking at pictures of sharks.. I don't even swim in swimming pools with my eyes closed because I'm so scared of sharks. BUT, I recently promised my older sister Andrea that if she quit smoking [for good] I would scuba dive with her anywhere in the world that she wants. [The thought of that even makes me panic]
[7] I have severe Attention Deficit Disorder. I have had about 25 jobs since I was 18 which averages to 4 jobs a year. Its really hard for me to read books without having to stop myself and go back a few pages because I read on thinking of something else. Its really hard for me to remember important things, Its hard for me to plan ahead, and I feel really bad when I catch myself looking at someone telling me a story and then realize that I haven't heard one word they've said.
[8] I have played the guitar since I was 15, with the exception of a little 2 year break or so when my guitar "randomly disappeared" until I could afford a new one for myself. I also used to write my own songs and I actually still have some recorded on my Zune.
[9] I still get really sad and cry because I miss my dog Shadow, who died 7 years ago. (every time I hear the song 'Little Shadows' by Yeah Yeah Yeah's, I cry my heart out)
[10] I played soccer for 7 years of my life. I played Comp spring soccer until high schoool/Jr. High, and then I played, comp spring, I played for my school and I also did indoor soccer in the winter.
[11] I was valedictorian at my high school graduation.
[12] My Zodiac sign is Capricorn, but you would never be able to guess that knowing me because I am unorganized, irresponsible and I tend to go with the flow rather that be on point and make lists.
[13] I have 3 sisters and I think of all of them like best friends. I cherish all the time I can spend with them because I realize that family is the most precious thing, and I don't want to miss any moments in my sister's lives.
[14] I used to paint almost every day, I loved creating new pieces and recreating my favorites from other artists. I haven't painted anything since 2008. I really wish that I could get a spert of creativity and feel that want/need again but no matter what I do, I can't force it.
[15] I have been happily vegan since July of 2003. I decided to go vegan 2 weeks before my Jr. year in high school and have stayed this way ever since. I continue being vegan, which is sometimes a challenge, but I know that its the right thing to do, and I love being a part of a fast growing community of compassionate, loving, group of people.

Here is a bonus fact that I wanted to include but didn't know what to replace it with
[and this is the first question so of course I'm going to over-achieve]

[+] I have recently found a love in someone that I have never had before. I have been told about this feeling, and thought that I had this in the past, but after having met this person, and spending all my time with him, I have finally found the love I hear people talk about, I read about in books and see in movies . Its an absolute, can't live without each other, can't sleep, heart pumping, mutually obsessive, omgIloveyousomuch kind of love. Which is a scary thing, but I'm not scared. I never thought I would find something so valued and so dear, and I finally, finally have.

6 comments:

  1. This is awesome girl! I cant wait to see what is in store for your blog, I always love reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN! And that last little bit about love? *Swoon*. SO sweet. Congrats, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Viv! Its really fun so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Candace, its really really awesome to really be with someone. And I didn't mention this in the blog, but I also am around his incredible 8 year old boy and its so much fun! He's the cherry on top =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your last fact absolutely makes me so happy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw thanks so much Linda!

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird