Wednesday, March 2, 2011

[2] What is the meaning behind your blog name?

"Escapist & Idealistic" is a result of an online quiz I took around 7 years ago. The quiz was generated to produce a full description of traits I posses based on a series of personality questions. The test took about 30 minutes and I tried to be as honest as I could be. As a result, I had a lot of positive traits, but had a lot of negative traits as well. I then wrote a long description of myself, primarily based on the results of this quiz which I just found on one of my old blogs:

More abstract than concrete, appreciates beauty, ideal love seeking, intense, imaginative, self expressive, vegan, easily expresses emotions, not drained by social interaction, gregarious, spends more time with others than alone, spontaneous, arrogant, very unstable, wealth seeking, prefers extravagance, competitive, selfish, disdains financial insecurity, manipulative, instant gratification, tries to surpass the accomplishments of others, more into painting than shopping, envious, takes notice of peoples teeth, fears being unwanted or unworthy of love, swayed by emotions, looks for hidden meanings in things, defensive, love-hate relationships, despises rejection, success driven, ambitious, goal oriented, histrionic, peter pan complex, gets very attached to people, intellectual, would rather be in a mediocre relationship than alone, analytical, perceptive, seeks meaning, not good at saving money, heart over mind, does not respect authority, secretive, vague.


And there you have it. From then on I have named every blog [livejournal, mydiary etc] 'Escapist & Idealistic'. I have to admit I still posses a substantial amount of those qualities listed, but over time I have grown from a few of them as well. [I took the quiz when I was 16ish] I can take a few of those characteristics out and still feel like it accurately describes me.

As for the second part of my blog title: "Not All Who Wander Are Lost", I saw this quote in the Lord of the Rings book, [nerdzilla] and kind of adapted it for myself. I love this quote because I have been forever wandering; imaginatively, and physically, but I never feel completely lost from anything. I am a dreamer through and through and I always will be.



2 comments:

  1. Cuuute! I always wondering what it meant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, strange how long I've been naming my blogs this.. It was nice to re-visit the meaning

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird